3 Things to know about Donal O Connor
1) Having spent his working life as an Environmental Health Officer he has recently retired and lives with his wife in the shadows of the Curlew mountains in North Roscommon
2) Despite working full-time he made space over the years to record three albums of original songs, tour the Folk Clubs of the UK extensively, tour Germany on a number of occasions and performed occasionally in Spain, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
3) He is an avid vegetable gardener, enjoys travel and cycling (that’s touring cycling and not the multi-coloured lycra, pounding of the hard shoulder, type of cycling!) and is currently in training for a cycle from Achill to Auschwitz.
4 Quotes relating to Donal O Connor
1) Christy Moore described Donal’s first album “It’s About Time” as “a pure joy”.
2) “O Connor captures beautifully the foibles of Irish life” – “Live at the Moving Stairs” Album review, Irish Times.
3) Charlie McGettigan described Donal as “one of my favourite songwriters”.
4) “When you go to a Donal O Connor gig you leave with the feeling of having made a new friend” – Dick Glasgow, Black Nun Folk Club, Co. Antrim